Checklist Sheet to Report a Missing Person
How long must I wait to report a Missing person?
THERE IS NO WAITING PERIOD TO REPORT A MISSING PERSON.
ACT IMMEDIATELY if you believe someone is missing.
- If your child is missing from your home, search the house checking closets, laundry piles, in and under beds, inside old refrigerators, ANYPLACE a child may crawl or hide. Check with the neighbors and friends.
- If your child disappears in a store, notify the store manager or security office immediately.
- Contact your local Law Enforcement
- STAY CALM
- Identify yourself and the situation.
- Give the agency all information on the missing person
- Date of Birth
- Hair color and style
- Brief description of clothing
- Any other information that will help identify the missing person
- When and where the missing person was last seen.
- LISTEN and RESPOND to the instructions from the law enforcement agency.
- Request the law enforcement agency to enter your missing person into the National Crime Information Center Missing Person file.
- Call the National Center for Missing and Exploited children 1-800-843-5678 or the National Center for Missing Adults 1-800-690-3463.